So you already booked our movers (Mates) and are waiting for the d-day to arrive?! Congrats, you are officially one step closer to a hassle-free move 😃. In order for things to go smoothly, here is a checklist of what you need to keep in mind before the movers arrive:
- Prepare your personal belongings (if applicable)If you didn’t request our full packing service, make sure to have everything ready to go before our movers arrive at your home. This will allow the Mates to work quicker and also ensure that the move starts and ends on time. Otherwise, if you booked our packing services you can skip this step and go to the next one!
- Sort things whenever possible
Separate your furniture, luggage, large boxes, and small items. Also, let the movers (our Mates) know which boxes are fragile and how to orient them for transport to avoid any damages. If possible, place larger objects closer to the entrance door and avoid crowding the path to the door for easy transit.
- Prepare drawers and dressersEmpty all the drawers from your furniture and remember to secure the dressers’ drawers and cabinets with tape. You don’t want anything falling during the move!
- Book elevators
If an elevator is available in your building, please make sure it is reserved for our movers (Mates) on the day of your move. If it’s not possible to book it for the entirety of the move, please allow more time for our Mates to make the round trips.
- Secure parking spotPlease make sure to secure the parking of our vehicles in areas where there is no space for double parking. Our vehicles require a parking space of approximately 2 to 3 car lengths. If possible, you can ask your neighbours to move their car in advance to avoid unforeseeable events that could cause delays.
- Have your mask ready!If you get into our Mate’s truck to get a ride to your new address, please note that passengers including our Mate must comply with current COVID regulations and wear their masks during the entire journey.