Should I hire movers or do it myself? There are different factors to consider to determine if hiring qualified movers is the right decision for you. We have a thorough step-by-step guide to help you determine what the best course of action is.
Assess your budget and capacity
Look at the logistics to determine the move type.
Before you think of anything else, look at your financial situation and the difficulty of the move. These things will help you set realistic expectations of what you can afford. Additionally, run through a list of your friends and family to see how much muscle power you will count on during the moving day!
Here are some key points for you to consider:
- How many volunteers will I get to help out?
- Do I have a vehicle to transport the items?
- How many heavy items do I have?
- Do I have the equipment to move heavy objects?
- How soon do I need help?
- What’s my budget if I enlist help from movers?
Know your different moving options
After you go through the initial logistics, consider the options available to you.
No Truck, Just Mates
This option is excellent if you need a hand moving your items but already have your truck. Our movers (the Mates) can come and help you load and unload your vehicle. You get the MoveMate experience and a stress-free move with our trained and qualified movers. Additionally, if you are tight on budget, this service offers you major savings on your move. Book just our Mates here!
- Don’t want to stress about moving?
- Don’t have a truck or van?
- Would you rather avoid backaches?
- Your items are valuable to you, and you prefer to use qualified people?
If you answer yes to these questions, we have the perfect solution for you! MoveMate allows you to book a residential, long-distance, or commercial move in under 2 minutes! Enjoy a full-service and stress-free moving experience with our trained and qualified Mates.
Some facts about booking any of our services:
- There is no transit fee: your time starts when our Mate(s) arrive at your location and ends when they drop off the items at your destination.
- You won’t get charged until the service is completed.
- Our Mates have been trained, undergo background checks, and are qualified to make your moving experience safe!
- There are no hidden fees or surprises; always transparent and upfront!
If you have many friends able to help, a truck to transport your belongings, and are tight on budget, this is the cheapest alternative. Here is a list of things to keep in mind for your DIY move:
- Truck or van
- Moving boxes
- Dolly to transport heavy items
- Straps to attach your bulky items to the cart
- Tape (seal boxes)
- Bubble wrap to protect fragile items
- Blankets to protect your furniture
Moving is one of the most stressful events in life. The organization and emotional aspect leave us little energy to move around heavy furniture, appliances, and boxes. Make your life easier and live the MoveMate experience!
The bottom line
Planning for a move can be overwhelming just by even looking at the logistics! The best thing to do is lay out all the options available and decide with enough time. Leaving things last minute puts even more stress on the process! Whether you go for a DIY move or hire qualified movers, take your time to plan things.
If you want to know more tips, check out our blogs on these topics: